Re: [opensuse] Libreofficewriter problems printing embedded inage.
On 18/10/17 06:36 AM, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:
On 17 October 2017 at 23:12, Anton Aylward <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I believe the printer and driver can print images for a number of reasons.
I can print a page from a PDF document that has images on it.

So it can print other images, but this image fails to print from both
LO and exported PDF right?

Cycling this way, this example. yes.

I would test the following things:

- Will this image print on its own, for example, if you open it with a
browser?

Well, instead I went back to google maps and printed that, using BRScript
(brothers PS) settings all the way down the line. That came out a a faint
greyscale. This is not a colour printer.

That result is disjointing. I would not use it as a graphic in a proposal.
It is disappointing because this is a quality printer and back in the 12. and
13.x days I did produce proposals and reports with illustrations (I use a lot of
mindmaps as regular readers might recall)

- Find a different image that prints from a browser, if you can. Then
paste it into an LO document and try to print that.

Yes. Same result.

If the image does not print out in a browser, the matter is definitely
with the image. Then I'd try doing something with it in the Gimp (like
double the resolution) and try printing it again.

Yes, I tied GIMP.
Things got weird.
At first it didn't help.
Then I created a layer that was just text, markers to items on the map that
googlemaps didn't state. I then embedded it in the document a printed.
The text layer came out OK, the image layer didn't.
As I say, weird.

This is why I think there is something hinky in the PDF aspect of the print
subsystem. I wish I could better see what the processing stream was, what
transformations get done.

When I get time I'm going to try converting the output to a PS file and doing a
raw print. Oh, right, what's the CLI for raw printing again?