Re: [opensuse] can i dual-boot plus run Win in a VM?
James, et al --

...and then James Knott said...
%
% On 10/16/2017 08:59 PM, David T-G wrote:
% >
% > like to fire up that same copy in a VM when I just want to pop over for
% > a moment. Is that an option? If so, is it perhaps even possible to
% > wake and hibernate back and forth across metal and VM?
%
% I have Windows 10 on my notebook computer. I have it both installed
% directly and in a VirtualBox VM. However it's not the same install. I
% have heard it's possible to run the same installation either way, but I
% haven't tried it.

Thanks to Carlos's excellent and clear explanation, it makes sense that I
can't. Phooey. This could be interesting, though, if it doesn't take
too horribly much space and depending on the licensing (it's one copy, so
I'll probably only get one machine profile, so I don't see how I can make
this work). Basically, as always, Windows is a stupid PITA :-)

Thanks again & HAND

:-D
--
David T-G