Re: [opensuse] /tmp mounting question
On 2017-10-17 11:34, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
I need to replace the btrfs /tmp volume mounted on my Leap 42.3 system
with a separate partition. The thing is, the new one will not be a
btrfs volume. Surely it makes no difference if I comment out the
existing btrfs line:

UUID=dec8ab38-419f-46e3-bb03-c72b2688a142 /tmp btrfs subvol=@/tmp 0 0

and add something like this:

/dev/sda3 /tmp ext4 defaults 0 0

And then reboot.

Right?

As far as I know, right :-)

Instead of rebooting, you could do it all from a rescue system, too. Or
from runlevel 1.

/dev/sda3 is formatted (obviously) but otherwise empty.

I am always suspicious of what btrfs volumes are up to...

:-}

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.