Re: [opensuse] No encryption on imap on some servers [WAS: Basically every WiFi device just hacked?]
On 10/16/2017 05:22 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
It is the ISP, email is secondary for them. It is no longer offered to new
clients, so they don't care that much.

So currently the IMAP connection has no security at all, whereas the smtp
connection does. I tried to enable starttls or ssl/tls and the connection
failed.

Time to get another email provider. GMail supports SSL/TLS & HTTPS.
You can even configure it to pull email from your old provider, to help
you transition. Also, I ran my own IMAP server for a few years. I used
IMAPS (IMAP over SSL./TLS) with it.