Re: [opensuse] Fwd: Basically every WiFi device just hacked?
On 10/16/2017 04:37 PM, James Knott wrote:
Many email providers are moving to SSL/TLS for POP, IMAP and SMTP.
Not mine.

Geez... Spain is really behind the times. Can you not even configure
it with your email apps? Also, email web interfaces now use https.
Also, Google tries to favour https web sites, to encourage encryption on
the web.

I just verified my email connections on the 2 accounts I have. Both use
SSL/TLS for IMAP and SMTP. I also have OpenVPN configured between my
notebook computer and firewall, so I can encrypt everything . With
this, all traffic is sent through the VPN to my home network.

I just received this article:
http://www.techrepublic.com/article/dhs-orders-federal-agencies-to-bolster-cybersecurity-with-https-email-authentication/?ftag=TRE684d531&bhid=12825460

"Some 85% of consumer email inboxes in the US support DMARC, including
Gmail, Yahoo, and Microsoft accounts. But DMARC adoption rates among
government and enterprises remains low, according to the Global Cyber
Alliance."

Notice that "85% of consumer email inboxes"? That looks like most to me.