Re: [opensuse] Fwd: Basically every WiFi device just hacked?
On 2017-10-16 18:22, Richard Brown wrote:
On 16 October 2017 at 18:18, James Knott <> wrote:
On 10/16/2017 09:43 AM, Richard Brown wrote:

The attack is on the clients

So every openSUSE machine you have using wifi is vulnerable until we
get patches out. like Marcus said, treating WPA like it's insecure and
relying on SSL and VPN and such in the meanwhile is recommended

I understand that every openSUSE machine is vulnerable till every
machine in the same network is patched. Once a single one is
successfully attacked, they are in. In the network, that is.

Besides, any communication protocol that uses encryption is safe, even
if they get entry to our WiFi: ssh, https... but not, I think, smb, nfs,
most email...

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.