Re: [opensuse] I need more ram, but I can't.
On 14/10/17 02:01 PM, jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
1Tb rotating disks where well under $100 4 years ago.

Indeed they were.
The discount shops would - then - sell you a reconditioned 1T for around that.
I'll have to go check what the exchange rates were. Are you talking US$ or AU$?

I got a reconditioned. It died the next day.
YMMV.

P ices use to drop, but
for time to time they grow up. I guess 500 Gb ssd are enough for system, no
need
for 1Tb

IIR correctly the 1T was about $20 more than the 500M.

the market may go to m2 or msata disks

Indeed; I wouldn't be surprised in the least.
There's not a lot of use in having a fast storage device it your 'channel can't
keep up with it.