Re: [opensuse] I need more ram, but I can't.
On 10/12/2017 01:06 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2017-10-12 15:19, Anton Aylward wrote:
I can get a brand new 1T SATA SSD for around what paid for my rotating
rust 1T
SATA four years ago.

I doubt it. My rotating disks were all in the 60..80€ range. The
cheapest 1 GB SSD I can find is 300€. 448 for a Samsung Pro.

Read carefully Carlos. Remember he's talking about a 4 year old purchase.

As another point of reference, had I held off for 1 year buying my current
512 Meg Samsung SSD 850 Pro, I could have a 1TB version today for about the same
money from Crucial.com or NewEgg or several other vendors and several other
manufacturers.
(As low as $250 in my brief look on line for 1 TB Sata SSD).

So prices are coming down.
While not yet to today's commodity market prices of rotating disks, its easy to
see that a 4 year old purchase was well above the prices of SSDs today.