Re: [opensuse] Why I'm not absolutely using CUPS
On 10/10/17 09:01 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
I must say I'm baffled, I don't understand it.
Do you have a link to a quick read on this? ACLs on a network?

I'm sorry I don't see your problem.

As far as the DHCP goes, it ONLY hands out addresses to known MAC addresses.
As far as the switch goes, it only lets though known MAC addresses.
If the device isn't on that list then it can't use the network.

As I said:

OK, so its not earth-moving insurmountable security, but it is enough to
discourage a lot of the 'casual' and 'drive-past'.

I realize this is only applicable for my home network or a small business but
for larger networks Wellfleet and Cisco and others have their own
security/accesscontrol packages. Ask them.