Re: [opensuse] No network of leap 42.3
On 2017-10-10 13:44, Dave Smith wrote:
I am now totally confused. One thing I have always loved about linux
is that when you configure something it just works over and over
without fail. I did not touch anything configuration wise with this
system since the install to when the network failed. Totally clueless
why it failed. When I powered down 42.3 last night to go into knoppix
the network was down and totally dead. After running knoppix I turned
the machine off until now. When I fired up 42.3 to run the commands
you needed run (see attached files) I now have network connectivity
via dhcp. I did nothing to cause this to happen. Totally confused
and not happy at all. I have only one vague theory which I will be
trying next. The only thing I did from when I had network to when I
didn't was boot into Windows 10 build 1703. I am going to boot into
windows and then back into 42.3 to make sure I still have the network.
Will let you know.

You may have a random problem.

For instance, I replaced the hard disk on my laptop, and now sometimes
(few) the laptop doesn't boot, doesn't see the disk at all.

Or there may be a problem initializing your network hardware, and knopix
knows how to do it, and the current package you have doesn't. So if you
reboot from one to the other without powering off, it keeps. Might also
happen with Windows.

It is important to investigate your repo list and package mix. Please
attach your repo list to a message, and maybe upload the package list
with the command I posted to susepaste.org (for a limited time), then
post the link here.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.