Re: [opensuse] No network of leap 42.3
  • From: Dave Smith <bushwacker551@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2017 13:13:52 -0400
I have read all of your comments and here are a couple of things that
I did not mention in my first post. Both the default gateway and
nameserver are set to the router ip address. I am not even able to
ping the router or any other device on the lan. With a static ip
address ifconfig shows eth0 with the correct ip address. Using dhcp
ifconfig shows eht0 with no ip address. While using dhcp it always
times out and I get the message 'setup in progress'. I believe there
was a kernel update in the last batch of updates. Could the e1000e
module be broken. The computer acts like everything is okay with the
network and is just waiting for a response from the router. The
router on the other hand never receives any data from the computer. I
will get the ifconif-eth0 file posted as soon as I can get it over to
this computer. I have looked it over and see nothing different from
the same file on the machine I am using now.

On Mon, Oct 9, 2017 at 11:45 AM, Anton Aylward