Re: [opensuse] No network of leap 42.3
On 2017-10-09 16:44, Per Jessen wrote:
Patrick Shanahan wrote:

* Carlos E. R. <> [10-09-17 10:25]:
On 2017-10-09 13:03, Per Jessen wrote:
Freek de Kruijf wrote:

Notice that when he configures dhcp, the router does not see the
Linux machine:

On
the machine in question when I boot into windows the router
shows the
computer and assigned ip address(dhcp). When I boot into 42.3
nothing shows up on the router, dhcp or static ip.

But maybe the router can not display a machine that has no IP
address.

how can one have a networked machine w/o an ip address?

Because it has not obtained one or assigned one. You get always that
state while the computer boots, before it sets up the network.

shouldn't the OP assign/reserve the machine an address in the router
config?

It works with Windows, so it sounds much like the problem is in his
Linux config.

Right, I forgot that.

--
Cheers / Saludos,