Re: [opensuse] Starting different Firefox sessions with different profiles
* Fraser_Bell <Fraser_Bell@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [10-08-17 17:51]:
On 10/08/2017 04:29 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Hi,

I can start Firefox in different sessions by using a different profile for
each:

firefox  -P default &
firefox  -P g-lists &

For instance, I never login to google with my normal profile, so that even
though they track me, they don't associate that tracking to an actual
name.

I need to do that with Amazon, too: they have the nasty habit of emailing
me about things I simply googled for.

But the problem is knowing later which window belongs to what profile.
Like having a different color or tittle.

Do you have ideas for that?

- -- Cheers

    Carlos E. R.

Simple.

In /home/yourusername/.mozilla/firefox/

The file: profiles.ini

The contents (note, you do not put the *start or end* line in it, that is
just to show you:

*start=>

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=0

[Profile0]
Name=default
IsRelative=0
Path=/the/full/path/to_your/FIREFOX/PROFILES/Main_profile
Default=1

[Profile1]
Name=Google_Goofs
IsRelative=0
Path=/the/full/path/to_your/FIREFOX/PROFILES/Google_profile

[Profile2]
Name=Amazon_Annoyances
IsRelative=0
Path=/the/full/path/to_your/FIREFOX/PROFILES/Amazon_Annoyances_profile

<=end*

Now, whenever you run firefox without parameters, a dialogue will pop up
with:

Google_profile
Amazon_Annoyances

Just hit enter for your default/main profile, or select one of the other two
(or 3 or 4, if you wish) and hit enter.

enjoy.

just how does that answer the OP's stated problem?

<quote>
But the problem is knowing later which window belongs to what profile.
Like having a different color or tittle.
</quote>