Re: [opensuse] vlc and audio system
On 10/08/2017 06:11 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2017-10-08 05:39, ken wrote:
On 2017-10-06 19:47, ken wrote:
Does anyone have installed and use vlc and at the same time have
sound/audio working elsewhere on their system?  On the flip side, has
anyone lost audio capabilities in their their system after installing
vlc?
Yes, vlc and audio both work fine in my systems.

Thanks for your reply, Carlos.  Did you have to do anything out of the
ordinary to get them both working?
The same as everybody: install the multimedia stack from packman.

Are you using gnome3 or kde or something else?
XFCE, but it works with any desktop I tried, since many years.

Thanks again.  And good to hear.  Here's the reveal:  For the past year-and-a-half I've been using CentOS7 on my laptop and having some long-standing, intractable problems.  One is, as you might have guessed, is that since installing vlc audio no longer works in many other of the system's apps and I haven't been able to solve that.  Secondly, the drivers for my wifi card require a higher kernel version than is available in CentOS7.  So I'm looking to switch distros.  I like CentOS, but it's limited by Red Hat and it seems they're not as concerned with workstations as servers... which is fine... different sides for different minds. Thanks again for the help window-shopping.  :)