Re: [opensuse] Starting different Firefox sessions with different profiles
On 10/08/2017 04:29 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:

Hi,

I can start Firefox in different sessions by using a different profile for each:

firefox  -P default &
firefox  -P g-lists &

For instance, I never login to google with my normal profile, so that even though they track me, they don't associate that tracking to an actual name.

I need to do that with Amazon, too: they have the nasty habit of emailing me about things I simply googled for.

But the problem is knowing later which window belongs to what profile. Like having a different color or tittle.

Do you have ideas for that?

- -- Cheers

    Carlos E. R.

Simple.

In /home/yourusername/.mozilla/firefox/

The file: profiles.ini

The contents (note, you do not put the *start or end* line in it, that is just to show you:

*start=>

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=0

[Profile0]
Name=default
IsRelative=0
Path=/the/full/path/to_your/FIREFOX/PROFILES/Main_profile
Default=1

[Profile1]
Name=Google_Goofs
IsRelative=0
Path=/the/full/path/to_your/FIREFOX/PROFILES/Google_profile

[Profile2]
Name=Amazon_Annoyances
IsRelative=0
Path=/the/full/path/to_your/FIREFOX/PROFILES/Amazon_Annoyances_profile

<=end*

Now, whenever you run firefox without parameters, a dialogue will pop up with:

Google_profile
Amazon_Annoyances

Just hit enter for your default/main profile, or select one of the other two (or 3 or 4, if you wish) and hit enter.

enjoy.

--
-Gerry Makaro
aka Fraser_Bell on the forums, IRC, and mail at openSUSE.org