Re: [opensuse] bluetooth mouse
On 10/06/2017 01:32 AM, jdd@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello,

Yesterday I could use my bluetooth mouse.

Today my 42.3 install says I have no BT adaptor, when the system info says I
have a IMC Network usb
bluetooth adapter

what may I do to recover my mouse?

thanks
jdd
(ASUS N550J)

I've been fighting this problem off and on since 13.2.
I've traced it down to a series of commands I could issue that will get it
back, which basically
amounted to doing a complete reset on the bluetooth stack and dicking around
with a bunch of
trial and error steps, and occasionally rebooting.

Later versions of KDE had a "fix it" option that would occasionally detect this
situation
and offer to fix it. I was never able to get an answer telling exactly what
fix it did.

In the end, I noticed that the turning on airplane mode, wait three seconds,
then turn it off
again, would (on my machine anyway) de-power the wifi and bluetooth chip set,
and cause unload of
some modules.

Then when I turned airplane mode off again, both would come up working.
This proved faster than any other method - and ALWAYS worked.

Others report no such luck, so its perhaps chipset dependent.