Re: [opensuse] how does a user create systemd timers?
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2017 11:12:58 +0200
John Andersen wrote:

Since the thread is old at this time, I won't bore you with the
details, but I simply took something like the the fstrim timer, and
cloned that, and adjusted the time to my liking.

I've found the starting of tasks to be rather precise as the timer
options are quite varied and capable with OnCaleendar options and
stuff. I've started daily jobs and had them fire within a second of
when I exptected them to.

Yes, so did I eventually. I copied the logrotate timer, but overlooked
the 'AccuracySec=12h' setting.

The systemd/user arch wiki page explains starting your user instances
of systemd be done automatically when you log in the first time, and
it will remain as long as there exists timers (or other units) for
that user.

Well, that bit is definitely not correct. I've got a test timer, it
certainly only runs when I'm logged in. (I have yet to figure out how
to enable lingering).

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (13.5°C)