Re: [opensuse] Run command as another user
On 09/28/2017 03:26 PM, David T-G wrote:
James --

...and then James Knott said...
%
% You can use sudo. I have used it for a couple of things. I created a
% directory where all the scripts get the root rights and then call the
% script.

That sounds like an interesting approach... Care to share more?

It took me a lot of effort to figure out and it was a few years ago, so
I don't recall the details. You'll have to do some reading on sudo.

However, my /etc/sudoers file contains:

## User privilege specification
##
root ALL = (ALL) ALL
jknott ALL = NOPASSWD: /local/usr/bin/sudo/*

The /local/usr/bin/sudo directory is where I place the scripts that
require root privilege to run. I'd call the script with sudo
/local/usr/bin/sudo/<script_name>.