Re: [opensuse] root in extended partition (42.3)
  • From: listreader <suselist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 03:50:41 -0500
On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 06:27:16 +0300
Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I booted with Parted Magic and found that Yast had set the extended
partition itself as the boot partition, rather than / which was 2
or 3 partitions deep into the extended. I fixed that and rebooted
normally. I went into Yast2-bootloader and Boot Loader Location was
still correctly set there as Boot from Root Partition, even though
that is not what it apparently wrote to the bootloader.

So, my question is, is this expected behaviour?

I say, not. Either YaST should not allow you to select logical
partition at all, or it should not silently use different partition.
Open bug report.

Thanks for the reply. I'll file a bug on it next day or two.

Ralph