Re: [opensuse] rootmail does not work, no matter what
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 08:14:32 +0200
stakanov wrote:

In data lunedì 25 settembre 2017 23:28:37 CEST, Freek de Kruijf ha
scritto:

However postfix uses /etc/password to deliver email for root. Also
for other users in that file, even when they do not have an entry in
/etc/aliases.

Is this the case also for leap?

Yes. Mails are delivered locally to local users, and they are defined
in /etc/passwd. (there are other ways, but this is the vanilla
version).

Because in my system I have my users in etc/password that look alike
the others. Could you, in the latter case post here a sample entry of
etc password of a user that receives rootmail?

# grep root /etc/passwd
root:x:0:0:root:/root:/bin/bash

/etc/passwd says nothing about mail processing though.

If you want mail to root sent to another user, you amend /etc/aliases
with e.g.:

root: per, \root

# grep per /etc/passwd
per:x:1000:100:Per Jessen:/home/per:/bin/bash

I still do not have this fixed (although the patch I installed for
filtering mail has stopped system crashes and 99% of filter issues, so
I guess soon I can give feedback to my bug as solved..)

Is this still the issue of root not receiving mails sent to root? You
said you went with my proposal #3 and re-enabled IPv6 - what happened
after that? Were you or were you not able to send an email to root?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (13.4°C)