Re: [opensuse] rootmail does not work, no matter what
  • From: stakanov <stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 07:33:59 +0200
In data lunedì 25 settembre 2017 23:28:37 CEST, Freek de Kruijf ha scritto:
Op maandag 25 september 2017 22:28:18 CEST schreef Dave Howorth:
On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 14:42:08 +0200

Freek de Kruijf <freek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I had to change the line in /etc/postfix/main.cf with "alias_maps ="
in "alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases" for getting the email for root to
that external address.

FWIW, my /etc/postfix/main.cf already has the "alias_maps =
hash:/etc/aliases". I've never edited the file, so I suppose YaST put it
there. I don't remember what version of openSUSE was first installed.

This is Tumbleweed on a Raspberry Pi 1B, which is a text mode system. No
YaST or Desktop.

However postfix uses /etc/password to deliver email for root. Also for other
users in that file, even when they do not have an entry in /etc/aliases.
Is this the case also for leap?
Because in my system I have my users in etc/password that look alike the
others. Could you, in the latter case post here a sample entry of etc password
of a user that receives rootmail?
I still do not have this fixed (although the patch I installed for filtering
mail has stopped system crashes and 99% of filter issues, so I guess soon I can
give feedback to my bug as solved..)