Re: [opensuse] xrandr info HDMI-1 disconnected
C. Brouerius van Nidek composed on 2017-09-26 15:15 (UTC+0700):

With xrandr I read HDMI-1 and -2 disconnected. Also DP1 and 2 are not
connected.
How can I force a connection with the HDMI cable and would that change
anything?

I suggest that even if you were to figure out an xrandr command that would cause
the TV to be recognized you would not be pleased with the lowfi result.
Component video[2] is analog video with limited mode support. Instead, abandon
attempts to use that cable and get a 2X1 HDMI switch[1] so that only normal HDMI
connections can be used on every end and xrandr and xorg will recognize the TV
automatically.

[1] e.g. https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=8150
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/480i

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/