Re: [opensuse] rootmail does not work, no matter what
  • From: Freek de Kruijf <freek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 23:28:37 +0200
Op maandag 25 september 2017 22:28:18 CEST schreef Dave Howorth:
On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 14:42:08 +0200

Freek de Kruijf <freek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I had to change the line in /etc/postfix/main.cf with "alias_maps ="
in "alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases" for getting the email for root to
that external address.

FWIW, my /etc/postfix/main.cf already has the "alias_maps =
hash:/etc/aliases". I've never edited the file, so I suppose YaST put it
there. I don't remember what version of openSUSE was first installed.

This is Tumbleweed on a Raspberry Pi 1B, which is a text mode system. No YaST
or Desktop.

However postfix uses /etc/password to deliver email for root. Also for other
users in that file, even when they do not have an entry in /etc/aliases.

--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf
member openSUSE