Re: [opensuse] rootmail does not work, no matter what
On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 13:19:17 +0200
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dave Howorth wrote:

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 10:47:50 +0200
Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't know why you have @arbuthnot" appended, normally the
address is just "root".

Not in my experience. My root mail, which does get delivered says:

# mail -s test root
hello
EOT
# mail
Heirloom mailx version 12.5 7/5/10. Type ? for help.
"/var/spool/mail/root": 1 message 1 new
N 1 root@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Mon Sep 25 11:56 18/542 test
? q
Held 1 message in /var/spool/mail/root
# host acer-suse.lan
acer-suse.lan has address 192.168.1.72
Host acer-suse.lan not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)

You're right, the address is canonicalized / hostname auto-appended.
In /etc/postfix/main.cf I'll bet you have "myhostname =
acer-suse.lan" ? Maybe that is what Dave Plater is missing in his
exim config.

Yes, that's what's there. I've never edited the file, so I suppose YaST
put it there.