Re: [opensuse] HD docking station
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <P.Suetterlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2017 16:40:15 +0100
Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2017-09-25 15:22, Peter Suetterlin wrote:

I'm using the 4-port from Sharkoon,
https://www.amazon.de/Sharkoon-SATA-QuickPort-Quattro-Dockingstation/dp/B004QZJ67S
and am very pleased with them. No issues, I've been running anything from
single drives to 4-drive RAIDS on it. Disks just show up as standard USB
connected /dev/sd? devices.

Do you connect a single eSATA cable for the four disks?

Hmm, never tried it - my docking station has no eSATA port. I'm using the
USB-3.0 connection, which works fine.

I can't read the description in German, and I can't find that ASIN code
B004QZJ67S in amazon.com. But it mentions SATA in the name.

Ah sorry - just typed in the name in my search, which defaults to german
google...

So, it does have eSATA and USB-3.0 connectors. And AFAIK SATA supports port
multiplication, so probably it should work with eSATA, too. The german
descriptions suggests it does ("up to 4 disks .... either USB 3.0 or eSATA")