Re: [opensuse] rootmail does not work, no matter what

On 25/09/2017 10:53, Per Jessen wrote:
Dave Plater wrote:

"mail -u root" replies "No mail for root" even when there is mail for
davepl.

Did you not expect that?

I've tried sending to various other system users and if the user
exists mailx just states no mail, if the user doesn't exist, including
aliases from /etc/aliases that don't exist as users.
Any idea what the "never_users list" is

If I am not mistaken, that is an exim config parameter. You are using
exim?

I was baffled that I didn't have sendmail installed yet the mail seemed to work, yes I have exim. This was a fresh 42.2 install zypper dup'ed to 42.3.
I don't have any accounts listed in mail either. rpm -ql exim finds this: /usr/lib/systemd/system/exim.service so mail is now handled by systemd via exim? I see "never_users = root" in /etc/exim/exim.conf and it looks like a standard default.
Dave P