Re: [opensuse] rootmail does not work, no matter what
  • From: stakanov <stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 00:05:48 +0200
On 2017-09-23 10:03, stakanov wrote:
That is so weired. I tried your suggestion. No way. Restarting
postfix service every change of configs. But neither the old
suggestion I did quote, nor the changes you suggested help.
I am speachless....

Do you have in /etc/hosts some line like this:

127.0.0.2 linux-7utx.site linux-7utx

or in my case:

127.0.0.2 Telcontar.valinor Telcontar

Stakanov said he was on leap423 - he wouldn't have any of the above. I
expect his /etc/hosts to contain this:

# IP-Address Full-Qualified-Hostname Short-Hostname
#
127.0.0.1 localhost

# special IPv6 addresses

::1 localhost ipv6-localhost ipv6-loopback

fe00::0 ipv6-localnet

ff00::0 ipv6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ipv6-allnodes
ff02::2 ipv6-allrouters
ff02::3 ipv6-allhosts

I have the following:

#
# hosts This file describes a number of hostname-to-address
# mappings for the TCP/IP subsystem. It is mostly
# used at boot time, when no name servers are running.
# On small systems, this file can be used instead of a
# "named" name server.
# Syntax:
#