Re: [opensuse] Black screen when plugging in VGA connector
  • From: "Dr.-Ing. Dieter Jurzitza" <dieter.jurzitza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 23:01:49 +0200
Hello Carmen,
you might want to fiddle with "xrandr" in this case. Can you type commands in
case the external monitor is plugged in?
If yes, you should execute "xrandr > out 2>&1" in a terminal window. Then
unplug the external monitor and wait until the LC display comes back to
operation.
Open the file "out". It will contain some information about the two monitors.
As a next step you might be able to explicitly turn the LC display on and / or
the external monitor off.
The man page of xrandr can be of help with regard to the optional commands.
You can turn screens on and off by the help of "xrandr". It is an elementary
command, but may be of help.
Good luck,
regards

Dieter Jurzitza