Re: [opensuse] some mp4 cannot be played "decoder profile above limits"

Am 23.09.2017 um 17:08 schrieb Dave Plater:

On 23/09/2017 11:43, Daniel Bauer wrote:

"Suddenly" the mp4-videos from my mobile phone cannot be played anymore, no matter what player I use: it only shows a black screen plus plays the sound, but no image.

Just to speed things up, vlc cannot build with the current ffmpeg as a result the package ffmpeg2 was created especially for it and unfortunately it doesn't have ffplay, ffprobe and ffmpeg so it can't be tested. Kaffeine on the other hand uses kde's audio codec system and I think, via gstreamer. In kaffeine's case if you install gstreamer-libav then you should be able to play anything that ffplay can.

There's a lot of gstreamer-things installed here, but I can't find a gstreamer-libav in Yast...

If you have nvidia graphics you need to make sure that your
gstreamer-plugins-libav is up to date, there was a bug I fixed a while ago concerning mpeg files. If you don't have gstreamer-plugins-libav installed then you must install it.
Dave P

Yes, I have nvidia.
gstreamer-plugins-libav was not installed, but now is.
The video still shows only black image (with vlc setting video -> output "automatic")
But the gst-discoverer-1.0 now gives output:

gst-discoverer-1.0 20170603_124912.mp4
Analyzing file:///home/daniel/disk2/digikam/26_Reise_2017/movil/20170603_124912.mp4
Done discovering file:///home/daniel/disk2/digikam/26_Reise_2017/movil/20170603_124912.mp4

Topology:
container: Quicktime
audio: MPEG-4 AAC
video: H.264 (High Profile)