Re: [opensuse] C++ Question
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 16:10:09 +0200
Paul Groves wrote:

Hi All,

Probably not the right place to ask but one of you may know the
answer.

I am learning C++ and my program uses system('program --arg1 --arg2');
to run a proprietary program. My question is how can I make this
program a dependency so that it has to be installed before my program?

Hi Paul

that's a packaging issue, not a programming issue.

I have noticed that ldd shows that some dependencies have already been
added as dependencies to the binary once it is compiled.

libraries and such, but not an external <anything> that you call via
system().

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (19.8°C)
http://www.cloudsuisse.com/ - your owncloud, hosted in Switzerland.