Re: [opensuse] rootmail does not work, no matter what
  • From: stakanov <stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 09:29:07 +0200
In data sabato 23 settembre 2017 01:39:31 CEST, Patrick Shanahan ha scritto:
* stakanov <stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx> [09-22-17 18:52]:
[...]

I think to recall a regression that did that. When you have ipv6
disabled.
But I do not recall the solution (that at the time I found out).

Found this:
setting in /etc/postfix/main.cf

inet_protocols = ipv4
inet_interfaces = all

I tried from protocols from all to ipv4
interfaces is set to localhost and should work.
Will have to restart the machine I guess to see results.

no, just restart the service. note: this is linux, not windows. every
little change does not require restarting your system.

systemctl restart postfix
I normaly restart the service. I know that this is not windows as I changed
about 14 years ago and do not use windows any more.

Provided I know which service I have to restart, which is sometimes not clear
to me.
But thanks for the syntax.