[opensuse] 42.3 install; python / pip gripe
  • From: Michael Fischer <michael@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 22:12:31 -0400

Well, just did the install, and overall, it went rather well.
I was doing a fresh install, retaining /home over top of 42.1.

One gripe, on which my notes from the 42.1 install saved me another
hour of headache:

If you're going to set python to version 2.7.13 (fine by me), you
should follow the principle of least surprise and install python-pip
(along with the obvious easy_install dependency) and set etc-alternatives
to use that pip (version 7.1.2).

Other than that, so far so good guys, and thanks. (since 6.2)

Michael
--
Michael Fischer
michael@xxxxxxxx