Re: [opensuse] rootmail does not work, no matter what
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 21:40:50 +0200
stakanov wrote:

In data venerdì 22 settembre 2017 21:32:26 CEST, Per Jessen ha
scritto:
stakanov wrote:
In data venerdì 22 settembre 2017 20:42:22 CEST, Per Jessen ha

On 2017-09-22 18:16, stakanov wrote:
I tried to fix this since I updated to 42.3.
Is there a bug with rootmail not working in that version? I do
see there is mail in rootmail, I did set correctly to receive
rootmail, but I do not receive anything.
Seccheck: nothing
rkhunter: nothing.
Now these two run (or should run) on a daily basis and should
give a report via rootmail.
Any suggestion on how to receive rootmail with kmail again?
Permissions are set correctly, I checked.

If you use postfix (it is the default) and procmail, then mail
to root is disabled. You redirect it to a user instead.

Not sure what procmail has to do with it, I never use it. With
the default postfix config, mail to root is delivered to root's
mailbox at /var/mail/root.

To read it, go into a shell, switch to root, run 'mail'. To have
it delivered to a user account, amend /etc/aliases.

O.K. it seems that there is no mail since August. That is: rkhunter
and seccheck cannot send mail to root.

Try it yourself:

"mail -r root root", then type a subject and close with '.' on a line
by itself.

How did you determine that they cannot? Check /var/log/mail and you
should see lines like:

pickup[18017]: 77F8A6169F: uid=0 from=<root>

The last mail is from 27.08. then there is no mail.
I see the mails in var/log/mail in kmail.
But no new mail arrives since I updated to 42.3

Okay. Were you able to send root a mail?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (13.8°C)