Re: [opensuse] rootmail does not work, no matter what
  • From: stakanov <stakanov@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2017 20:51:16 +0200
On 2017-09-22 18:16, stakanov wrote:
I tried to fix this since I updated to 42.3.
Is there a bug with rootmail not working in that version? I do see
there is mail in rootmail, I did set correctly to receive rootmail,
but I do not receive anything.
Seccheck: nothing
rkhunter: nothing.
Now these two run (or should run) on a daily basis and should give a
report via rootmail.
Any suggestion on how to receive rootmail with kmail again?
Permissions are set correctly, I checked.

If you use postfix (it is the default) and procmail, then mail to root
is disabled. You redirect it to a user instead.

Not sure what procmail has to do with it, I never use it. With the
default postfix config, mail to root is delivered to root's mailbox
at /var/mail/root.

To read it, go into a shell, switch to root, run 'mail'. To have it
delivered to a user account, amend /etc/aliases.

O.K. it seems that there is no mail since August. That is: rkhunter and
seccheck cannot send mail to root.
What could be the origin? I did check "receives rootmail" in the respective
users in yast. But it also not redirect. So this cannot be a problem of
postfix/procmail