Re: [opensuse] "My Thinkpad, Nouveau and Me"
On 2017-09-12 08:57, Basil Chupin wrote:
I am the proud owner of a Thinkpad model T530 on which I boldly
installed Leap 42.3. The installation naturally installed the nouveau
driver for the graphics nVidia chip soldered onto the motherboard.

However, I want to install a proper nVidia driver to replace the
'nooovooo' driver but I am totally perplexed about which driver I should
use. I tried installing the latest 384.69 driver but somehow this did
not go down well (no hassles with installing it on the Desktop...) and
ended up having to re-install 42.3 from scratch.

The chip on the Thinkpad has mysterious numbering on it such as GF108M,
NVS 5400M and Ivybridge Mobile.

Wild guess: dual graphics, ie, bumblebee. The situation is unclear.

There is a recent thread about it.

[opensuse] What's the recommended way to setup Bumblebee with the
proprietary NVIDIA driver on Tumbleweed?

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.