Re: [opensuse] logrotate
On 09/16/2017 07:06 AM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
It is an interesting feature, but has dangers. I think Windows 10 uses
it: the machine can wake itself and run automatic updates. If it is a
laptop on battery it of course depletes the battery (a bit or a lot). If
the laptop is inside a bag it can heat up tremendously.

Because there are other brain dead operating systems, and someone
may use it on a Laptop in a bag, is hardly a reason to call it dangerous.

The cited article had a perfectly valid use case.
I have a similar situation where a offsite backup machine takes daily morning
backups
of data from their local lan. I contemplated using this feature. But I've also
looked at the alternative of a Raspberry Pi V3, and it will probably use less
power.