Re: [opensuse] logrotate
16.09.2017 18:35, Per Jessen пишет:
Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

15.09.2017 12:03, Per Jessen пишет:

there is also /var/spool/cron/tabs ...

Right, but from an admin perspective, I'm not so interested in the
user
tabs - except when backing up. In fact, I think they're in the wrong
place - they ought to be in ~/crontab (or something similar).

Now let's take a system with several thousands users with NFS mounted
home directories. Do you seriously suggest that crond must scan all of
them every minute to find out whether ~/crontab changed?

I did touch on NFS-mounted /home later that post, and I agree it is not
useful in that situation. OTOH, having user-specific data
outside /home can also be a bit of a pain.

Arguably this is not "user specific data" but rather "system data with
fine grained access control". To this extent one could say that
NetworkManager system connection is user data because user on local
console is allowed to edit it by appropriate policy kit configuration.

Although distinction is rather blurry indeed.