Re: [opensuse] logrotate
  • From: Knurpht - Gertjan Lettink <knurpht@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 15:30:35 +0200
Op zaterdag 16 september 2017 15:18:50 CEST schreef Andrei Borzenkov:
15.09.2017 12:03, Per Jessen пишет:
there is also /var/spool/cron/tabs ...

Right, but from an admin perspective, I'm not so interested in the user
tabs - except when backing up. In fact, I think they're in the wrong
place - they ought to be in ~/crontab (or something similar).

Now let's take a system with several thousands users with NFS mounted
home directories. Do you seriously suggest that crond must scan all of
them every minute to find out whether ~/crontab changed?

Exactly.. Not me. Certainly not when we have such beautiful tools available
like saltstack.

--
Gertjan Lettink, a.k.a. Knurpht

openSUSE Board Member