Re: [opensuse] logrotate
On 16/09/17 07:55 AM, Wols Lists wrote:
On 15/09/17 10:03, Per Jessen wrote:
In fact, I think they're in the wrong
place - they ought to be in ~/crontab (or something similar).

+1

imho, we ought to have ~/.etc (or ~/etc), and all those damn dotfiles
could just go in there rather than cluttering up ~/ :-)

+1

Yes we could link but that doesn't clear up the mess.

How many here remember what it was like in the days before the "Great /etc/
Rationalization", when the config files we have there now were scattered,
ad-hoc, though the file system?

You might hear my reminiscing about "The Old Days", but they are really there to
learn from, not, despite what some politicians might make an emotional appeal
for, to return to.

That loads offtopic....