Re: [opensuse] logrotate
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 08:15:20 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2017-09-15 19:42, Per Jessen wrote:

What I find less easy is to tell when cronjob is going to fire

a) at 30 minutes past every 3rd hour.
b) at 2,17,32,47 minutes past every hour
c) 10 past midnight on the 1st of the month.
d) Sunday at 04:00.

LOL. Those are not actually cronjobs :-P

They are scheduling entries, like I said: "... _when_ a cronjob is going
to fire". I've got plenty of them on various machines.

It is a script concoction SuSE made many years ago. More than two
decades ago, I think. And it got much easier on recent versions to
control. On a computer that runs 24*7, they will run same time as
yesterday :-P

Huh?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (10.0°C)