Re: [opensuse] logrotate
16.09.2017 09:05, Per Jessen пишет:
John Andersen wrote:

On 09/15/2017 10:42 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
- create the service unit - edit
/etc/systemd/system/mycronjob.service, maybe 4-5 lines. Hopefully you
remember the syntax. - create the timer - edit
/etc/systemd/system/mycronjob.timer, maybe 4-5 lines. Hopefully you
remember the syntax. then systemctl daemon-reload

Edit one, save under new name. Don't we all do it that way? Syntax
already in place.

Very true. and with practice, I'll get the hang of the parameters
too :-)

Side note: systemd timers will allegedly wake a machine up from
suspend so that it can run some task and then suspend it again.

Sounds more like a BIOS feature, I'm sure I've seen or read of that.

Haven't tested this yet.
https://cmcenroe.me/2014/11/24/scheduled-suspend-and-resume-with-systemd.html

Hmm, how does that work ? If the machine is suspended, how can anything
run?

systemd simply sets CLOCK_BOOTTIME_ALARM and kernel presumably tells
BIOS to do it (although kernel is free do implement it differently)

CLOCK_BOOTTIME_ALARM (since Linux 3.11)
This clock is like CLOCK_BOOTTIME, but will wake the system if
it is suspended.