Re: [opensuse] logrotate
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 08:05:49 +0200
John Andersen wrote:

On 09/15/2017 10:42 AM, Per Jessen wrote:
- create the service unit - edit
/etc/systemd/system/mycronjob.service, maybe 4-5 lines. Hopefully you
remember the syntax. - create the timer - edit
/etc/systemd/system/mycronjob.timer, maybe 4-5 lines. Hopefully you
remember the syntax. then systemctl daemon-reload

Edit one, save under new name. Don't we all do it that way? Syntax
already in place.

Very true. and with practice, I'll get the hang of the parameters
too :-)

Side note: systemd timers will allegedly wake a machine up from
suspend so that it can run some task and then suspend it again.

Sounds more like a BIOS feature, I'm sure I've seen or read of that.

Haven't tested this yet.
https://cmcenroe.me/2014/11/24/scheduled-suspend-and-resume-with-systemd.html

Hmm, how does that work ? If the machine is suspended, how can anything
run?

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (9.0°C)