Re: [opensuse] logrotate
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [09-15-17 18:04]:
On 2017-09-15 22:34, Dave Howorth wrote:
On 2017-09-15 19:42, Per Jessen wrote:
What I find less easy is to tell when cronjob is going to fire

a) at 30 minutes past every 3rd hour.
b) at 2,17,32,47 minutes past every hour
c) 10 past midnight on the 1st of the month.
d) Sunday at 04:00.

LOL. Those are not actually cronjobs :-P

Eh?

First I copy the comment that should be in every crontab:
# min hr DoM month DoW [uid] command

#a
30 1,4,7,10,13,16,19,22 * * *

cer@Telcontar:~> cat /etc/cron.daily/logrotate
#!/bin/sh

# exit immediately if there is another instance running
if checkproc /usr/sbin/logrotate; then
/bin/logger -p cron.warning -t logrotate "ALERT another instance of
logrotate is running - exiting"
exit 1
fi

It is not a crontab entry. It is a shell script. A bunch of them in that
directory.

but they were initiated by cron, and now systemd logrotate.timer