Re: [opensuse] logrotate
On 2017-09-15 05:24, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
14.09.2017 21:19, Carlos E. R. пишет:
With cron, I just have to list the directory and know what should run
instantly.

That has never been true, even less on (open)SUSE. cron can execute
arbitrary command that itself can gather further scripts to execute from
elsewhere. In particular, you have at least
/etc/cron.{hourly,daily,weekly} that do not follow normal cron file
format, so you need to look elsewhere to just find out when these are
run. Then there is /etc/cron.d which again deviates from standard cron
file format.

No, this is not correct. It follows the documented format (there are two
in openSUSE).

"man 5 crontab"

The files in /etc/cron.d have an extra field for the username.

The files in /etc/cron.{hourly,daily,weekly,monthly} are run by
/usr/lib/cron/run-crons, from /etc/crontab.

I don't have to learn new commands to find out.

You have if you want to actually understand how cron on SUSE works.

I understand how cron on SUSE works, since decades ago.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.