Re: [opensuse] logrotate
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2017 08:10:06 +0200
Andrei Borzenkov wrote:

14.09.2017 21:19, Carlos E. R. пишет:
With cron, I just have to list the directory and know what should run
instantly.

That has never been true, even less on (open)SUSE. cron can execute
arbitrary command that itself can gather further scripts to execute
from elsewhere.

So not so different from a systemd service unit.

I like being to get a quick overview or what runs when:

cat /etc/crontab /etc/cron.d/*

In particular, you have at least /etc/cron.{hourly,daily,weekly} that
do not follow normal cron file format, so you need to look elsewhere
to just find out when these are run.

Yeah. I was never a friend of that idea.

Then there is /etc/cron.d which again deviates from standard cron
file format.

Oh, I wasn't aware. (it's been the standard format for me since
forever :-) )

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (8.7°C)