Re: [opensuse] logrotate
On 2017-09-14 16:55, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Carlos E. R. <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [09-14-17 10:51]:
On 2017-09-14 15:42, Per Jessen wrote:
gumb wrote:

What is confusing is that, if I'm understanding the thread correctly,
this change to systemd logs was introduced in 13.2, and is posing
problems for those upgrading from, say, 13.1 to 13.2

It look like logrotate was upgraded to a systemd service in 13.2, as
well as equipped with a systemd timer instead of being driven by cron.

or from 42.2 to 42.3, yet the new logs handling is not present in a
fresh Leap 42.1 or 42.2 install.

The only thing that is missing is for the timer to be enabled.

Is this one of those cases where Leap 42.1 was not a progression from
13.2, because it went back to an old version/system so as to align
with SUSE 12?

Quite likely yes.

And is it now being introduced in Leap 42.3?

In Leap423, logrotate was updated to use a systemd timer instead of
cron, yes.

I don't like that. Less visible.

add an email notice to the particular script(s)

To see that it has run? I don't mean that.

With cron, I just have to list the directory and know what should run
instantly. I don't have to learn new commands to find out. If there is
some advantage, well, fine, but I don't see them.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.