Re: [opensuse] logrotate
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 16:49:48 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:

On 2017-09-14 15:42, Per Jessen wrote:
gumb wrote:

What is confusing is that, if I'm understanding the thread
correctly, this change to systemd logs was introduced in 13.2, and
is posing problems for those upgrading from, say, 13.1 to 13.2

It look like logrotate was upgraded to a systemd service in 13.2, as
well as equipped with a systemd timer instead of being driven by
cron.

or from 42.2 to 42.3, yet the new logs handling is not present in a
fresh Leap 42.1 or 42.2 install.

The only thing that is missing is for the timer to be enabled.

Is this one of those cases where Leap 42.1 was not a progression
from 13.2, because it went back to an old version/system so as to
align with SUSE 12?

Quite likely yes.

And is it now being introduced in Leap 42.3?

In Leap423, logrotate was updated to use a systemd timer instead of
cron, yes.

I don't like that. Less visible.

Yes, I'm not very fond of it nor do I see any advantage in it either.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (13.9°C)