Re: [opensuse] logrotate
On 14/09/17 15:12, Carlos E. R. wrote:
On 2017-09-14 14:37, Per Jessen wrote:
gumb wrote:

systemctl enable logrotate.timer
Failed to execute operation: No such file or directory

systemctl status logrotate.service
‚óŹ logrotate.service
Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
Active: inactive (dead)

I notice /var/log/journal/{string}/ has nearly 1GB of logs in it,
going back as far as installation time.

Do you have logrotate installed? (it doesn't look like it).

Leap uses cron.

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate

Okay, I misunderstood. I saw the systemd journal logs building up and assumed something wasn't running as intended, but you explained in the other post that that's handled differently.

What is confusing is that, if I'm understanding the thread correctly, this change to systemd logs was introduced in 13.2, and is posing problems for those upgrading from, say, 13.1 to 13.2 or from 42.2 to 42.3, yet the new logs handling is not present in a fresh Leap 42.1 or 42.2 install. Is this one of those cases where Leap 42.1 was not a progression from 13.2, because it went back to an old version/system so as to align with SUSE 12?

And is it now being introduced in Leap 42.3?

gumb