Re: [opensuse] MPV suddenly starts in maximized window
  • From: Peter Suetterlin <P.Suetterlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 15:38:24 +0100
Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Peter Suetterlin <P.Suetterlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [09-13-17 10:08]:

Hi,

my video player mpv suddenly started maximizing the window when I start the
program. I cannot find a related setting in /etc/mpv/mpv.conf, nor a window
rule for kde/kwin :(

System is up-to-date Tumbleweed (mpv-0.26.0-13.2, updated monday)

Any suggestions what to look for are highly welcome...

man mpv
displays options for fullscreen
indicates configurations are at ~/.config/mpv/...

Indeed, that's where I put my personal changes. But I didn't change that
file since May, and it doesn't contain settings regarding this.

And it's not going fullscreen either - it is a maximized window (i.e., with
decorations), and snaps back to nominal size when I click the diamond symbol.
Which is why I suspected it might be the window manager playing tricks on me.