Re: [opensuse] Reading LTO cartridge memory
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 09:13:15 +0200
Per Jessen wrote:

Paul Groves wrote:

I have read up about it and apparently you can read /write the data
by issuing SCSI commands. I would not have a clue how to do this.

look up CRCM2159.pdf from HP I would add a link to the file but I
cannot because the mail list refuses it.

Um, there's nothing that prevents links being added/sent, but with the
name, google also easily found it:

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21407_01/en/CRCM2159/CRCM2159.pdf

From a quick browse of the above, I noticed the chip feature is referred
to as LTO-CM. I went and googled that and quickly found this:

https://github.com/scangeo/lto-cm

"Read and write an LTO tape's cartridge memory chip ".

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (12.9°C)